[mapguide-trac] #1438: WMS or Raster - Request image with size > 2047 pixel results map with poor image quality

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Thu Sep 16 18:37:08 EDT 2010

#1438: WMS or Raster - Request image with size > 2047 pixel results map with  poor
image quality
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
   Reporter:  liuar              |       Owner:  liuar
       Type:  defect             |      Status:  new
  Component:  Rendering Service  |     Version:
   Severity:  trivial            |    Keywords:
External_id:  1335217            |
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
Changes (by brucedechant):

 * cc: brucedechant (added)

Comment:

 Added Walt's comments:

 Hi Arthur,

 I looked at the patch, and it looks fine.  The names for the new settings
 also sound reasonable to me.  I only have minor / nitpicking comments:

 * In ServerRenderingService.cpp, move the newly added calls to
 pConf->GetIntValue to before the "there should be only one instance of
 this class" comment.  Otherwise it looks like the comment applies to your
 new calls as well and it doesn't make sense.

 * Throughout your patch you declare height before width, e.g.:

 # MaxRasterImageHeight             The max height of raster image in
 pixels
 #                                       0 < Value <= 2147483647
 # MaxRasterImageWidth              The max width of raster image in pixels
 #                                       0 < Value <= 2147483647

 I think most people like to see it the other way around - width then
 height - just like for point coordinates we prefer X then Y.  So switch
 the order throughout your patch to width then height.

 Thanks,
 Walt

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/1438#comment:3>