[mapguide-trac] #1815: Maestro does not find datasource from successful connection by Postgres FDO 3.5

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Thu Sep 22 10:49:32 EDT 2011

#1815: Maestro does not find datasource from successful connection by Postgres FDO
3.5
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
   Reporter:  captainst  |       Owner:  jng
       Type:  defect     |      Status:  new
  Component:  Maestro    |     Version:  2.2.0
   Severity:  major      |    Keywords:  FDO Postgis Maestro
External_id:             |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 I have the shape file with coordinate system as EPSG:4326, which I believe
 is a Geography type (not sure).

 I am using the windowsXP prof SP3, maestro 4.0 beta2, Mapguide 2.2,
 Postgres 8.4 with Postgis 1.5.

 I successfully imported the data into a newly created database (with
 temp_postgis as template).

 In Maestro, I am able to use the FDO3.5 provider to connect to the
 database.

 However, after the "connection success", the Maestro does not find the
 "source" for a coordinate system, which remains empty. So the layer can
 not find instance for the data source.

 This problem does not show up when I use the FDO SQL 2008 express
 provider, which shows "default" as the data source in the coordinate
 system.

 I learned from the following link that the Postgres FDO 3.5 provider is
 known to work with Geometry type data
 http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoPostgreSQLNotes

 While I have geographic type. Could this be a problem ?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/1815>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>