[Mapguide-trac] [mapguide-trac] #2432: Subsequent calls to MaestroApi.HttpServerConnection.QueryFeatureSource timeout

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Mon Apr 28 11:25:54 PDT 2014

#2432: Subsequent calls to MaestroApi.HttpServerConnection.QueryFeatureSource
timeout
 Reporter:  johngalambos  |         Owner:  jng
     Type:  defect        |        Status:  reopened
Changes (by johngalambos):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 I'm going to reopen this as I think there is an issue with the fix.

 It is possible for exceptions to be thrown in the constructor for
 XmlReaderBase (The InitProperties method inside the constructor does some
 validation on the XmlTextReader). If an exception is thrown the _resp
 field in XmlReadBase is not disposed. As a result if the constructor
 throws 2+ times, the timeout exceptions start to happen again on
 subsequent requests. There is a relevant stack overflow thread here:
 http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3825101/handling-idisposable-in-failed-
 initializer-or-constructor.

 Specifically, I'm seeing the following exception being thrown in the
 Initproperties method for a couple of feature sources. System.Exception:
 Bad document. Expected element: xs:schema. I think this is due to an empty
 result set, not necessarily a corrupt response.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/2432#comment:5>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>