[Mapguide-trac] [mapguide-trac] #2473: Errors from the mapagent should be in the same format the originating request should be expecting

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Thu Jul 31 06:52:13 PDT 2014

#2473: Errors from the mapagent should be in the same format the originating
request should be expecting
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
   Reporter:  jng        |       Owner:  jng
       Type:  defect     |      Status:  new
  Component:  Map Agent  |     Version:
   Severity:  minor      |    Keywords:
External_id:             |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 When an error is thrown by the mapagent, a html page containing the error
 details is returned.

 This makes no sense if the request is expecting a response in XML or JSON
 format. In such cases, the error should be formatted into the expected
 format that can be processed by the client making the original request.

 If we make an XML request, we should expect an XML-formatted error
 message. If we make a JSON request, we should expect an JSON-formatted
 error message.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/2473>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>