[Mapguide-trac] [mapguide-trac] #2781: Find a way to not leak ACE/xerces headers/definitions in MapGuide common headers

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Tue May 29 10:21:36 PDT 2018

#2781: Find a way to not leak ACE/xerces headers/definitions in MapGuide common
headers
--------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  jng           |        Owner:  jng
     Type:  defect        |       Status:  assigned
Description changed by jng:

Old description:

> The SWIG bindings do not call anything in ace or xerces, but due to their
> headers/types leaking out of Foundation/MapGuideCommon, this gives us
> grief when building the PHP api due to its headers conflicting with ACE
> on certain platform definitions (eg. `uid_t`, `gid_t`, `struct dirent`).
> Also the leaking of xerces headers is completely unnecessary
>
> Our current workaround has been to overlay patched PHP headers to resolve
> such conflicts, but this is not a tenable solution. We should either
> properly encapsulate or `#ifdef` any traces of ACE out of these headers
> when building SWIG bindings.

New description:

 The SWIG bindings do not call anything in ace or xerces, but due to their
 headers/types leaking out of Foundation/MapGuideCommon, this gives us
 grief when building the PHP api due to its headers conflicting with ACE on
 certain platform definitions (eg. `uid_t`, `gid_t`, `struct dirent`). Also
 the leaking of xerces headers is completely unnecessary

 Our current workaround has been to overlay patched PHP headers to resolve
 such conflicts, but this is not a tenable solution. We should either
 properly encapsulate or `#ifdef` any traces of ACE and xerces out of these
 headers when building SWIG bindings.

Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/2781#comment:2>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>
MapGuide Open Source Internals