[mapguide-users] Not correct work Tomcat

Alain Lebatard alain.lebatard at autodesk.com
Wed Apr 12 17:00:17 EDT 2006

Hi,

http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapviewerajax/bufferui.jsp is not a valid
URL. /mapguide/mapviewerajax does not represent a folder, but represent
the AJAX viewer main script. If you look in the httpd.conf file of
Apache bundled with MapGuide, you should see this line:

  Redirect /mapguide/mapviewerajax/
http://<YourHostAddress>/mapguide/mapviewerjava/ajaxviewer.jsp

So when you invoke
http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapviewerajax/bufferui.jsp, you are
actually invoking
http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapviewerjava/ajaxviewer.jsp/bufferui.jsp
which is not valid.

Your first call http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapviewerjava/fake.jsp
was the correct one. If you get a 404 error, it's certainly because
there is no file fake.jsp in
/usr/local/mapguideopensource/webserverextensions/www/mapviewerjava

The compilation errors are probably occurring because the jar file that
contains the API classes (such as MgException) could not be loaded. Make
sure that there is file named MapGuideApi.jar in the folder
/usr/local/mapguideopensource/webserverextensions/www/WEB-INF/lib   If
the file is not there then this is a build issue.

Alain