[mapguide-users] performance problems

Marko Podgoršek Marko.Podgorsek at kaliopa.si
Fri Apr 14 05:57:11 EDT 2006

Good day Marko.

Could you provide more details please?

For example:

- the type and number of processors

- the MGHz of the system

- the amount of RAM the system has

- are there any other applications or web applications on the server

- are you running Studio on the same machine or a separate client

If the dwf viewer is stopping it's possible the system is timing out which is a symptom of the performance issue.

One possibility is that if you don't have enough physical memory the system is swapping to virtual memory.

Regards,

Dave Wilson

Hi:
I'm using 2.4GHz P4 with 1GB of ram. It's a test computer (my work computer).
There are no other web apps on the computer. I'm not running Studio. I just want to try out the sample map (Sheboygan.mgp)

I found out why is it working so slow. PANDA ANTIVIRUS. Don't use it :)

Now it's fast.
But still...Dwf viewer still stops at about 90%. Why is that?