1.0 Stability Problems

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Tue Apr 18 17:09:32 EDT 2006

Any ideas when a patch for this will be available?  The service is locking up
on my server several times a day and I have no way of knowing without
someone telling me or manually checking it.  At least I'm able to use some
of the tools from sysinternals.com to kill the service and restart it
remotely, but can't get it to restart automatically.  Even if I set the
recovery options in the service properties to "run a file" and point it to
my service restart batch file, that doesn't work.  Apparently Windows does
not detect that the service has died.  I'm pretty close to just running a
scheduled task to restart the service every 15 minutes, but that would kill
any current sessions.  Can anybody recommend any service monitoring software
that might work in this case?

Thanks,
Andy