[mapguide-users] Does MapGuide support Geocoding?

Robert Bray robert.bray at autodesk.com
Fri Apr 21 12:04:34 EDT 2006

The current version of MapGuide Open Source does not support geo-coding
and neither will the upcoming release of MapGuide Enterprise. We are
looking at possibly supporting it in a future version of the software.

In the meantime there are a number of Geo-Coding web services out on the
net that can be included into a MapGuide application. The sample
application shows how this can be accomplished with a simple geo-coder
based on the North American tiger data set.

Bob

PS - MapGuide 6.x and previous versions used to support geo-coding but
customers had to buy a license to use the data from the third party
vendor and it was only applicable in the United States.