[mapguide-users] Loading an 8 GB SDF+ file

Bill Tenbroeck btenbroeck at itserve.com
Fri Apr 21 12:28:56 EDT 2006

That worked. Thanks!

________________________________

From: Traian Stanev [mailto:traian.stanev at autodesk.com]
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 9:49 AM
To: users at mapguide.osgeo.org
Subject: RE: [mapguide-users] Loading an 8 GB SDF+ file

OK thanks. While we look at that, you can try the large file workaround
posted in the old archives at:

http://lists.mapserverfoundation.org/pipermail/mse-users/2006-January/00
0378.html

The explanation refers to a SHP file, but the same instructions should
work fine for an SDF+ file. Those instructions have worked for me for a
6 GB street network SDF file before, so they will likely for wor you...
as long as you don't preview your map before setting reasonable initial
view extents :-)

Traian