[mapguide-users] No Feature Providers in Studio Preview

Marcus Spurkel mspurkel at pacbell.net
Wed Aug 2 13:22:19 EDT 2006

The rpm is for the MySQL database (as well ad the devel & client
modules).  I definitely do not have a libFdoMySQL.so file (or anything
close to it) in my fdo directory.  I checked the /providers directory in
the fdo source and there is nothing there that looks like it could be
related either.  Originally, I simply ran build_linux.sh from fdo source
and everything got built automatically.

Hmmm, I did just come across this in the online version of the
OpenSourceBuild_README file which, for some reason, was not in the tarball:
*****
NOTE: Choosing the RPM install of the MySQL components is *strongly*
recommended. However, if a non-RPM installation of MySQL is chosen,
following the installation, set the following FDO environment variable:
FDOMYSQL=[MySQL developer components path]
*****
I never set an FDO environment variable, though judging by the text I
shouldn't have to since I did use RPMs.  Still...

I also did a grep scan of all Makefile and configure files and found no
references to MySQL whatsoever.  What am I missing here?

-Marcus