ODBC Oracle Connection Question

Scott Reisdorf reisdorf1 at llnl.gov
Fri Aug 11 18:02:33 EDT 2006

I have a question about linking Spatial Data and Features with Non
Spatial Data in another database.
I want to Link Feature Data by an ID to an existing Data Set in Oracle
that is non spatial.  In Studio I am trying to do this within the Data
Editor -> Join with other feature sources, pointing to my external
Database (either Oracle or MS Access ODBC to oracle).  Is this the
correct way to link Spatial Data to non-spatial data within Studio?
If so:
Previously posted on May 9th 2006 Andy Morsell stated that the ODBC
Driver works only with MS Access and not Oracle.
His this been fixed/addressed yet? I cant seem to get my ODBC connection
to work with linked tables to Oracle.
If not:
Can someone explain how I can go about linking the Feature Data to
external Data sources?

Thanks,

-scott