Weird Error when restarting server on Linux

Willem Schwarte willem at giskit.nl
Mon Aug 28 05:46:49 EDT 2006

So the server is sometimes killed. Sometimes when I try restarting the
daemon, It gives the message that the server is running as daemon. But
when I check with PS -A |grep mgserver there is nothing!?

Now I check the error.log in the server logs directory and there is a
new entry that says:

> Error: Port 2801 is not available, please try using a different port.

> Exception occurred in method MgServer.svc at line 932 in file
Server.cpp

> StackTrace:    Port 2801 is not available, please try using a
different port.

> Exception occurred in method MgServer.svc at line 932 in file
Server.cpp

Willem