[mapguide-users] Access DB and coord systems

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Wed Aug 30 18:10:58 EDT 2006

Reprojection is done on a stream of data that is independent of the source -- SDF, SHP, Oracle, etc. all pass through the same code for reprojection. That's why it has to be a problem with the way that code gets the coordinate system from the FDO provider (or the provider giving it the wrong coordinate system).

It makes sense that the data still displays because one of the possible fallbacks in that code is to default to identity transform. So your LL data will (incorrectly in this case) display at UTM coordinates close to the UTM origin (between 0 and 180 meters).