Question about map.Create and map.Open() on the mapframe

Trevor Wekel trevor.wekel at autodesk.com
Wed Dec 6 20:55:15 EST 2006

Hi Scott,

mapframe.jsp should only be called when a complete refresh of the page
is requested by the browser.  The page refresh was intended to get a new
copy of the map so the Create() call is appropriate.  If a user wants to
refresh just the map pane they can right click in the pane and hit
refresh.  A Refresh Icon can also be added to the WebLayout toolbar.

User sessions were not intended to go beyond the lifetime of the browser
session.  Certainly it is possible to do as you have found out with
modifying mapframe.jsp.  Just out of curiosity, how did you get around
the CreateSession() in mainframe.jsp?

Thanks,
Trevor

  _____