[mapguide-users] Oracle and ODBC

Juan Butler jpbutler at pinellascounty.org
Fri Jul 21 11:25:05 EDT 2006

I'll add my observations...

I used a DSN with Oracle ODBC driver.   I thought the issue was due to the
Oracle Client version being 9i on the server.   So I went and tested a
connection to the same database but using the Oracle 10 client on my laptop
and my laptop's Mapguide server.   With the Oracle 10 client, the show
tables function takes a longer time and I thought it was going to bring the
list over.  But the same result happens.   Nothing.

With the 9i client on the server, the function takes shorter time to bring
back nothing.

Can you let me know what the format of your Connection string?  I tried to
use the one I use in my apps, but wasn't working.

Juan Butler - Senior Programmer/Analyst
GIS Applications
Pinellas County Information Systems
jpbutler at pinellascounty.org

Please note: All mail sent to and from Pinellas County Government is subject
to the Public Records Law of Florida.