Install issues

Oliver Ishmael oliver_ishmael at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 31 07:36:32 EDT 2006

Hello all,

Complete newbie here.

>From https://mapguide.osgeo.org/downloads.html I have downloaded and
installed the following:

MgServerSetup.exe [15,105 kb]
MgWebServerExtensionsSetup.exe [31,237 kb]

I have also downloaded Autdodesk MapGuide Studio Preview [122,000 Kb] and
installed this to a new folder called 'Webstudio':

C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource\WebServerExtensions\www\webstudio

When i launch Autdodesk MapGuide Studio Preview its asks me to log on to a
MapGuide site by providing a 'Site' URL 'username' and 'password'.
Looking at the release notes for MapGuide Open Source 1.0.1 it says that i
should use this URL:
http://localhost:8008/mapguide/webstudio  (-  however, it states that:
"default location using the bundled install" although this was not the case
for me).

I have read elsewhere that username should be 'Administrator' and password
should be 'admin'.

Despite this i get "Cannot connect to the specified URL".

Do i have all the correct software installed? Is there a definitive set of
install instructions to help me get this up and running? Any help and
guidance would be appreciated!

Cheers
Olly