Problem with Querying a FeatureService

Robert Leeman rleeman at eitnl.com
Wed Jun 7 10:36:16 EDT 2006

Hi All:

I am making an application similar to the 'find parcels' tool  in the
Sheboygan demo.  Ajax/PHP.  Everything is working great except that I can't
read numeric atrributes from the source file, which is an SDF file of road
centreline segments.  I am getting a type mismatch error.  I am wondering if
someone can tell me what Get methods are available for use with
$featureReader in the code below.  GetString works fine for strings in this
application (as in the example below).  However I can't extract real
numbers, which I was expecting to do in a similar way.  I don't know the Get
method that is required.   Actually, I would like to know all of the Get
methods that are available for this scenario.  I can't find this in the
documentation.

$featureService =
$siteConnection->CreateService(MgServiceType::FeatureService);
.
.
$featureReader = $featureService->SelectFeatures($featureResId,
"ROADSEGu21", $queryOptions);
.
.
$sttype = $featureReader->GetString('STREETTYPE');

Regards,
Bob Leeman