Installation problem

Jonathan Rizzo jrizzo at Langan.com
Tue Mar 14 10:33:28 EST 2006

Hello,

I just uninstalled the preview version (0.93?) and installed RC1.  I am
running IIS6 in Windows Server 2003.  I installed the MapGuide web
server and the .NET web extensions using the auto-configure option.
However, when trying the test
http://myserver/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?OPERATION=ENUMERATRESOUR
CES&VERSION=1.0.0&LOCALE=eng&RESOURCEID=Library://&TYPE=&DEPTH=-1 I get
the following error message:

The requested operation is invalid.
The requested operation is invalid. Exception occurred in method
MgHttpRequest::CreateRequestResponseHandler at line 265 in file
c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\web\src\httphandler\HttpRequest.cpp

I went through the configuration, and made a few manual changes that
were not taken care of by the "auto-configuration":
I changed the application name of the "mapguide" virtual directory to
"mapguide".  Previously it was set to "mapagent".
I set the application names of the mapvierwerajax, mapviewerdwf and
mapviewernet folders to mapviewerajax, mapviewerdwf and mapviewernet
respectively.  These were originally blank before I modified them
manually.
I manually set the ASP.NET version to 2.0.50727 for the mapguide virtual
directory.
I manually added the correct path to the MapAgent.exe to the MapAgent
web service extension list of required files.  This was still pointing
to the MapServer Enterprise location from the previous version.

Anybody know what might be causing this error or what else I should
check to make sure everything is installed & configured properly?  Thank
you for any assistance you can offer.

Regards,

Jon Rizzo
Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc.