Creating command w/ Invoke Script

Steven J Reed sjreed at edcomputing.com
Wed May 3 23:48:39 EDT 2006

I want to create a Command that will call the DigitizeRectangle mgMap
method, get the coordinates of the rectangle and pass them to a URL to be
processed by a VB.Net app that will add a layer to the map.

It would seem that an 'Invoke Script' action would be a reasonable means of
doing this.

But.how does one get at the Map within the Invoke Script interface?  The
mapFrame is accessible, but there does not seem to be a mgMap object
defined.  Shouldn't it be easy to get at the map from a Script?

Once I get the coordinates, how would I post the coordinates as parameters?

I do this in MapGuide 6.5, so I think I should be able to do it in MapGuide
OS.

 Am I all wet?

Thanks.Steve