Scale With FCGI call?

Scott Hameister scotth at mpower-tech.com
Thu May 25 10:25:12 EDT 2006

I know much of the FCGI is not documented
.With the AJAX viewer you have to
call your map image with the Center point and scale, not a bounding box.
I have no problem getting the Center by grabbing the XML MinX, MinY, etc.
and doing a little math
but the original scale of a map is a little more
difficult.
If I were using Normal Foot or Meter based coordinate systems, I could
probably get by, but when using Lat Long based I’m sort of stuck. Since the
unit scale is not a “to meters” scale

GEOGCS["LL84",DATUM["WGS84",SPHEROID["WGS84",6378137.000,298.25722293]],PRIM
EM["Greenwich",0],UNIT["Degree",0.01745329251994]]

Anyone know how I can hit the FCGI on a request/response basis for this
information, or is this an API only call.

Scott Hameister
Director of Product Development
mPower Technologies
501 S Nicolet Road