[mapguide-users] RE: getting map image in svg format

James Card James.Card at calcad.com
Tue Nov 21 13:15:46 EST 2006

Some might argue that SVG on the web will die unless Microsoft joins
Mozilla and Opera in providing built-in support for it in the browser.
There are some reasons Microsoft might want to let it die.

I noticed the sluggish performance as well (in Opera); that's one of the
reasons that I said there is much work to be done before it becomes a
replacement for MapGuide 6.5 Viewer and other similar applications. Part
of the work will be done by the browser folks in further optimizing their
SVG/EcmaScript/DOM implementations, and part of it will have to be done by
the developers of web applications like MapGuide.

--
James Card
California CAD Solutions, Inc.