MapGuide geometries

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Tue Sep 12 19:40:15 EDT 2006

I find this interesting.
I was working on MapGuide geometries capabilities and I find that
MapGuide besides of standard geometries is capable of displaying
curve lines and curve polygons.

Here is example: http://www.sl-king.com/fdooracle/mapguidecurves.jpg

I used data from Oracle and I was very pleased how well it works. I
could map almost all Oracle geometries to MapGuide geometries.
Multi Geometry (in one record, collection in Oracle ) is not yet
supported and Oracle circle type is not ( but in provider I simulated it
with two arcs).
I think that also Oracle oriented point is not supported.

Well done Autodesk MapGuide team!

Haris