Example sites

Kevin McKenna kmk at getech.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Sep 18 05:06:06 EDT 2006

Hi

I am just starting to look at MapGuide as a possible solution for my web
GIS needs. It looks very promising.
I have a couple of questions that someone may be able to help with.

1) All of the example sites I have seen seem to be related to city
layouts/planning. Are there any other examples with different datasets
out there? I am specifically looking at displaying my data coverages
which are distributed all over the world, so therefore on a totally
different scale from those examples I have already seen.

2) Also is it possible to have multiple instances of the viewer running
on the same site? For example if I wanted to have separate pages to
display say all my data in Egypt and all my data in Argentina. Taking
this one step further, could I even have separate pages for every
country in the world? Obviously this might not be desirable from a
design point of view, but is it technically possible?

Thanks for your help
Kevin