[mapguide-users] is it possible to make onslelect action?

Kori Maleski kmale at telus.net
Mon Sep 25 11:59:02 EDT 2006

Ivan,

I believe it is how you are handling the NEW MGSelection.

Here is code I posted previously:

Dim l_sSelect As String
Dim l_sMapName As String
Dim l_sSession As String

l_sMapName = Request("MAPNAME")
l_sSession = Request("SESSION")
l_sSelect = Request("SELECTION")

'MapGuideApi.InitializeSockets()
'InitializeWebTier()

Dim l_oCred As New MgUserInformation(l_sSession)
'connect to the site and get a feature service and a resource service
instances

Dim l_oSite As New MgSiteConnection()
l_oSite.Open(l_oCred)

Dim l_oFeatureSrvc As MgFeatureService =
l_oSite.CreateService(MgServiceType.FeatureService)
Dim l_oResourceSrvc As MgResourceService =
l_oSite.CreateService(MgServiceType.ResourceService)

'Create a temporary map runtime object, locate the layer
Dim l_oMap As New MgMap()
l_oMap.Open(l_oResourceSrvc, l_sMapName)

Dim l_oSel As MgSelection = New MgSelection(l_oMap, l_sSelect)
Dim l_cSelLayers As MgReadOnlyLayerCollection = l_oSel.GetLayers()

There is a difference between how the AJAX and DWF viewer handle it.

AJAX holds the selection server side.  DWF holds it client side.

The selection has to be passed to the page in the case of the DWF.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Kori Maleski
GIS Consultant