Zeeshan mshailze at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 00:47:01 EDT 2006

 Mapguide Studio expires Oct 1st and suddenly I realized that I would be
crippled without it.

 and altough I have started to use webstudio to access my repositories on
the server,
   I am somehow not comfortable and find many things missing

 My biggest worry now is -

 How to upload data do we upload data in Webs studio? There are no load
procedures

 Searching some threads  i found this
(http://www.nabble.com/MapGuide-Open-Source-Web-Studio-tf1737544.html#a5545973)

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
 >  > <FeatureSource
 > xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-
 >  > instance"
 >  > xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FeatureSource-1.0.0.xsd">
 >  > <Provider>OSGeo.SDF.3.0</Provider>
 >  > <Parameter>
 >  > <Name>File</Name>
 >  > <Value>%MG_DATA_FILE_PATH%Parcels.sdf</Value>
 >  > </Parameter>
 >  > <Parameter>
 >  > <Name>ReadOnly</Name>
 >  > <Value>TRUE</Value>
 >  > </Parameter>
 >  > </FeatureSource>
 >  >
 >  > If you replace the %MG_DATA_FILE_PATH% with a physical path to the
 >  > file on the servers file system you can effectively "reference"
 >  > data and not worry about uploading it. A similar technique can be
 >  > used for SHP files, Raster files, etc.

  My understanding about the above is

  1)	I will have to FTP  the sdf from local system on to  a Directory on the
server

	   this directory would be the repository folder
	  C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\Repositories\Library\DataFiles

 2)	  Then i will have to search for the above code and write physical path
.

 3)	then use webstudio to access it-- tooltips and colors and build maps
etc etc

  but no idea where to Find the file and what/Where  to write , We do not
have programming expertise ,
  So can some one please Tell us where to find the above code  in which file
 the help files are also missing webstudio

 Thanks in Advance