[mapguide-users] MGOS 1.1 + King Oracle installation problem

Brad Nesom kidsmake6 at msn.com
Tue Apr 3 10:10:30 EDT 2007

I wasn't ever able to see the new provider in studio07 so I thought I had to
apply the same thing to the providers.xml in there. I noticed that it had
CRs throughout and was not formatted in notepad. So, now I;m sure it was the
wrong thing to do. Didn't back it up, a reinst (repair) and site patch did
the trick. However still no king oracle provider.
Can I clarify th previous instructions.
1. unzip the king.oracle 6.4 zip and place those files in the mgos install
folder C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\Bin\FDO.
Then modify the provider.xml with the exerpt from andibaso's thread but
change the fdo version like...
<FeatureProvider>
    <Name>King.Oracle.0.1.1</Name>
    <DisplayName>King Provider for Oracle</DisplayName>
    <Description>Read/write access to spatial and attribute data in an
Oracle Spatial.</Description>
    <IsManaged>False</IsManaged>
    <Version>0.1.1.0</Version>
    <FeatureDataObjectsVersion>3.2.0.0</FeatureDataObjectsVersion>
    <LibraryPath>C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\Bin\FDO\KingOracleProvider.dll</LibraryPath>
  </FeatureProvider>

</FeatureProviderRegistry>

How would I check this in mgos?
Ho hum. My site was working day before now I get
Fatal error: Call to undefined function MgInitializeWebTier() in C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource\WebServerExtensions\www\mapadmin\login.php on line
68
When using http://webmap.com/mapadmin/login.php I am presented with login
administrator id and then the fatal error upon login.
Also when running the enumerate resources I am presented with a login and
then the result is an xml with all existing layouts, libraries, etc.
I still don't know up from down
Any help is appreciated.
Brad