[mapguide-users] RE: patch for Mouse Wheel Zoom, set scale andimage on loading map in Ajax.

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Apr 4 04:43:04 EDT 2007

Jose Manuel C G wrote:

---------------------------
I'd like to implement a mini-map like in GMaps. What do you think about
that?

I think that is what alucas was referring to as an aerial view earlier today.

Personally, I think that it would be a great addition; I have heard many requests for it.  Not sure where it would be bext placed in the current UI.  Probably lower-right like Google?

It's a bit more complex than the changes you've currently made.  I think it would require a seond MgMap, probably based on a minimalist MapDefinition.  You'd need to keep the two maps in sync, probably show a rectangle of the main map's extents on the mini map, allow interactive panning on the mini-map, and allow expand/collapse functoins to keep it out of the way.  Also, this would ideally be an optional component, with a flag stored in the WebLayout to say whether it's displayed or not.  This would probably require changes to the WebLayout schema.  I'm not sure if additional viewer APIs would be required.

Short version:  I'd love to see the capability, but it would likely be a good idea to propose it and ask for discussion on the internals group.  It will likely need an RFC because of the schema change.

Jason