[mapguide-users] webstudio expected behavior

Brad Nesom kidsmake6 at msn.com
Mon Apr 9 10:29:07 EDT 2007

What is expected behavior in webstudio? I am running 1.2 beta.

I go to webstudio and select the library and then the resource name which I
assume you cannot assign permissions in webstudio but I have done so in the
AD Studio preview(25 days left) I get one drilldown and double click on one
layer name (which opens it in the open resources pane. But, then the
resource name in site explorer is compressed and there is only a minus sign
there. A double click on it renders nothing. I cannot open other layer files
within that resource. Also, when I select that resource I get an unsupported
resource pane at the bottom that says. MapGuide Open Source Web Studio does
not support editing of this resource. This is an osgeo.arcsde.3.2 provider.

The Sheboygan samples I can drill down all day long and open those layers.

I just closed the site and re-opened it. And after adding several sample
layers and layouts to open resources, I went to my roads layer in my
production connection. This layer is quite large, it is an ArcSDE layer in
oracle 10gR2.0.5. I see the feature source, connection and listing of fields
and properties to display in the settings pane at the top. There are no
scale ranges so that is empty but then I get . Resource was not found:
Session:f02df2fe-ffff-ffff-8000-00065b69fe5a_eng_C0A86FC40AFC0AFB0AFA//Produ
ction/ACOG/Layers/Roads.LayerDefinition Exception occurred in method
MgResourceDefinitionManager.GetDocument at line 476 in file
c:\build_bond_area\mapguide_open_source_v1.2\build_8.3\mgdev\server\src\serv
ices\resource\ResourceDefinitionManager.cpp

In the bottom preview pane.