[fdo-users] RE: [mapguide-users] Advanced WMSproviderconfiguration

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sun Apr 15 23:31:41 EDT 2007

Hi Chris,

I have a feeling that making the WMS schema stuff work would be as simple as uploading the relevant XSD files to the MapGuide server or possibly Studio somewhere, but haven't had a chance to look at it at all.

I think that most of RFC5 was implemented in the following changeset:

<http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/changeset/1020 <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/changeset/1020> >

The different join types are documented in the FeatureSource schema (look for RelateTypeEnum):

<http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/MgDev/Common/Schema/FeatureSource-1.0.0.xsd <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/MgDev/Common/Schema/FeatureSource-1.0.0.xsd> >

And you can see some of how this fits together in the unit test data:

<http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/MgDev/UnitTest/TestData/FeatureService/SDF/TESTChainedInner1ToManyJoin.FeatureSource <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/MgDev/UnitTest/TestData/FeatureService/SDF/TESTChainedInner1ToManyJoin.FeatureSource> >

Your recent experience with the Web API test scripts at mapagent/index.html will help when playing with this :)

Jason

From: Chris Tweedie
Subject: RE: [fdo-users] RE: [mapguide-users] Advanced WMSproviderconfiguration

Thanks for the pointers Jason. Looks like i'll have to revisit this one later unless someone else has a spark? I couldnt get past the schema errors either (and still thoroughly confused over the featureserver > layer interaction)

I'm also curious on RFC5 ... there is very little detail anywhere apart from the airy-fairy high level detail.

Chris