[mapguide-users] ODBC Points Performance

Jon Rizzo jrizzo at Langan.com
Wed Aug 1 15:10:04 EDT 2007

I was told specifically the oposite - that ODBC performance of SQL Server is
slower than all other ODBC providers, including Access.  I have not verified
this claim, but I can tell you that selection is particularly slow with
points coming from SQL Server.  I have also had a performance problem
selecting polygons if they are joined with data coming from SQL Server.  I
don't know enough about the problem to know if this is a MapGuide or a
Microsoft issue but selection on my site is terribly slow because of this.

Jon