[mapguide-users] SQL where equivalent - ASP.NET example - Creating Layers By Modifying XML

jas jason.haydon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 03:49:59 EDT 2007

I am trying to replicate the SQL Where functionality that was used in MG6.5
or earlier. I have looked at the DEV Guide and checked out the forum and
found the 2 methods explained and the one I am interested in is the saved
XML approach.
Does anyone have some sample code, written .NET, that modifies the filter
applied to a layer for that particular session. I am new to .NET.

Dev Guide page 56

"Creating Layers By Modifying XML"
1              Build a prototype layer through the Studio UI. To make the
scripting
simpler, this layer should have as many of the correct settings as can be
determined in advance.
2              Use Studio’s Save as Xml command to save the layer as an XML
file.
3              Have the script load the XML file and then use the DOM
(Document
Object Model) to change the necessary XML elements.
4              Add the modified layer to the map.

Appreciate your help