[mapguide-users] ODBC Points Performance

Ismael Cams mapguide2007 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 10:08:41 EDT 2007

I don't know if it is an option for you but it might be sufficient to put
only the x-y coordinates in an SDF together with a key that can be used to
do further database queries. These SDF's can be generated out of the SQL
server database you are using with some code.
To get properties and other information out of the database you could go
with an own faster database connection.
For the synchronization you could run the job for exporting the geometry to
SDF every day or so.
It needs some work, but for a layer with ~ 5000 points I had sometimes to
wait up to 10s before something got selected ...