[mapguide-users] FDO provider for shp?

Mansoureh Sadrykia m_sadrykia at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 03:41:13 EDT 2007

Thank you for your reply Rich,

  I have used the method you told before and it worked; but the problem is that: now I want to connect to a repository of shp files in a remote computer using studio, can I use load procedure for this purpose? I assumed that I shall somehow use fdo provider to connect to a set of shp files in a remote database(different IP address). Please help me find the answer.

  Thanks in advance,

Rich Bauer <rdbauer at gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi,

The place to use SHP data is in the "Load Procedure" or the "Load file-based data" on the getting started page in Studio. (I am assuming you are using Studio from what you are saying) Just click that and browse for your file wherever it might be just like any other program.  Set the settings you want and hit "Load Resources."  Hope that helps.

Rich

Mansoureh Sadrykia wrote:     Hi List!

  I want to connect to shp files in a remote computer, and I've decided to use ' fdo provider for shp' in mapguide studio; Although I have the 'SHPprovider.dll' and the necessary code in 'provides.xml' in..\Bin\FDO directory I can't see osgeo FDO provider for shp when using New>Data Connection! ...1) should the provider for shp be there? 2) If not how can I  connect to shp files? 3) Can I connect to shp files in a remote computer in this way or there is another way?
  Please help me,
  Thanks in advance;