[mapguide-users] Polygon highlight on mouse hover

HYS harryt.schimmel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 11:30:22 EDT 2007

in ajaxmappane.templ I inserted the following (around line 1085). Within the
onMouseMove function.

    if(tool==0) {
      pt = ScreenToMapUnits(x, y);
      RequestCircleSelection(pt.X, pt.Y, 200, false);
    }

It automatically selects whithout the user having to click. But it's too
slow to work as a proper highlight function. My other idea to make a new
layer with a filter to let the object have its own style. (Or to add a theme
with condation for that object) won't be fast enough for a proper highlight
functionality.

The problem is that the selection is rendered at the server and a whole new
image for the map has to be made and transferred. Would it be possible to
create a new image as overlay? So only the highlighted (or selected) object
has to be rendered?