[mapguide-users] Mapguide server crashes on connection with ArcSDE 9.1

Ismael Cams mapguide2007 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 03:19:40 EDT 2007

Hello,

for a long time we had running a connection towards ArcSDE 9.1 without
problems. But now for some reason we can not seem to get it managed anymore.
When performing a Test Connection the mgserver.exe simply crashes. In the
event viewer I get following error message:

Faulting application mgserver.exe, version 1.1.0.301, faulting module
ArcSDEProvider.dll, version 3.2.0.26, fault address 0x00023a50.

In the error log the following error appears:

Resource was not found:
Session:cf94962e-ffff-ffff-8000-000e353f7d14_nl//FeatureSourceEditorsScratch/SessionVersion1.FeatureSource

We are able to choose the data store but as soon as we try to select the
version or perform a test connection the problem occurs. In the ArcSDE
logging we see there have been started SDE server processes but they are
stopped immediately with status 8 (lost client connection).
Both the MapGuide server and ArcSDE are running on the same server.

Does anyone have ideas what might cause the problem or how to locate the
problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Ismaël