[mapguide-users] Uncontrolled Error Logging / Non Responsiveness in Apache

passionlessDrone ScottB at talgov.com
Thu Aug 9 11:05:21 EDT 2007

Hi -

Just in case someone else hits this, it looks as if modification to the
fastCGI configuration parameters in httpd.conf, can 'solve' this problem.
Based on some other fastCGI problems people were experiencing, I added this
clause to my FastCGIConfig line:

 -startDelay 45

I'm not sure exactly what the problem was, but my processes were taking a
while to repaint the map, I'm thinking maybe they were taking too long,
Apache would try to modify the process and a death spiral ensued.  Anyways,
as soon as I made this entry and toggled Apache, I have been unable to
disable MapGuide by submitting requests.

OK!

-pD