[mapguide-users] ByteReader Problem

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Fri Aug 31 07:43:58 EDT 2007

The "ToString()" is not implemented, and thus returns "MgByteReader",
which you cannot use as an XML document.

The MgByteReader is very volatile and fragile, when you try to debug it
with VS.
Any attempt to pass the byte reader to a function (as a parameter) will
clear the stream.
You cannot read more than 8kb out of the stream in a single Read()
operation, making it a royal pain to use the MgByteReader.

I have seen others using an MgByteSink, but I have yet to try that.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S