[Spam: 3.72] RE: [mapguide-users] PostGIS - what iswrongwhitthat?- my todo list

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Thu Feb 1 11:06:51 EST 2007

I just tried it with a layer with 100K polygons. It takes about 70 seconds for the layer to preview in MapGuide. I was watching the CPU usage during that time and about 70% of the time was spent in the postgres process (the rest was in the mgserver process, which includes the provider logic and OGR itself, and the rendering of the layer). So I place the blame on Postgres. I verified that the spatial indexing works -- once I zoom in things get much faster.

Traian