[mapguide-users] New to Map Guide

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Feb 8 12:33:16 EST 2007

Faizan Tayyab wrote:

> Once I have a web layout created [...] how can I publish it so that
> it is visible to other users as well?

On your MapGuide server, install the sample application for your chosen
programming language and then modify the sample to point to your web
layout instead of Sheboygan.

Download samples: http://mapguide.osgeo.org/downloads.html#samples-1.1.x

Instructions for installing:
http://mapguide.osgeo.org/files/mapguide/docs/InstallMapGuideOpenSourceS
amples.pdf

For instance, in the phpviewersample directory, the ajax viewer is
launched from the "ajaxviewersample.php".  In this file you would modify
the following lines to point to your MapDefinition and WebLayout:

 $mapDefinition =
"Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Maps/Sheboygan.MapDefinition";
 $webLayout =
"Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Layouts/SheboyganPhp.WebLayout";

Jason