[mapguide-users] Feature Source and Repositories with PRJ files

Dave Wilson dave.wilson at autodesk.com
Wed Feb 21 13:14:53 EST 2007

The prj needs to exist at the time of the load, or the user has to
specify a coordinate system and the server is supposed to create a .prj.
However a bug exists when importing SHP natively that it may not create
the .prj file.

If importing and converting to SDF when no .prj file exists the user
specified coordinate system will get set. Otherwise you will have to
manually create a .prj file manually and upload it again.

If you don't know how to create the .prj.you can create one yourself.

Import the SHP and convert to SDF. Specify the coordinate system on
import.

Using the Web Tier pages http://servername/mapguide/mapagent/index.html
you can extract the WKT string by executing a GetSpatialContexts from
the Feature Service list. You need to specify the full repository path
to the SDF you uploaded:
Library://foldera/folderb/yourdata.FeatureSource

Place the WKT string in a file and call it .prj

I believe that should work.

Regards,
Dave

  _____