[mapguide-users] FDO build problems

Jorge Rubio j.e.rubio at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 14:34:55 EST 2007

Hi friends

I have some problems trying to build FDO.

I have to say: I had never used linux before.

I am using openSUSE 10.2 and the bundled GCC is 4.2
The instructions to set variables at "Quick Start for Linux" (mapguide osgeo
site) are not the same than instructions at OpenSourceBuild__README.txt
found in the OpenSource_FDO directory.

I guess that "Quick Start....." is right. Is it?

Once variables are set, then try to build and install the third party
components:
./build_thirdpary.sh

There are several warnings. One of them: "mcpu deprecated........"
Impossible to build and install.

I guess (once more) I should try a previous GCC release, maybe GCC 3.2.3 or
GCC 4.0.2 (tested with RedHat and Fedora)

If I download GCC 4.0.2, how do I install it? Im very sorry for this basic
question, but I have no idea about Linux. A potential client has a server
with SUSE, so I need to be able to install and run MGOS on that server.

Thanks for your support.

--
Lic. Jorge Rubio