[mapguide-users] transparency and gdal again

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Thu Feb 22 11:17:20 EST 2007

But, when using the GDAL provider, the user is not presented with any of the
transparency options in the GUI as they are with the Autodesk raster
provider since the GDAL provider is treated as a data connection.  There is
no ability for the user to provide any data source specific override
settings.  I think this is where a lot of the confusion is arising as people
make the switch from the Autodesk to the GDAL raster provider.

For what it's worth, I've used color TIF's and JPG's with a null data value
set in the image and the images appear transparent in MGOS using the GDAL
provider.

Andy