[Mapguide_users] WMS looking for help!

Chris Claydon chris.claydon at autodesk.com
Thu Jan 11 09:42:35 EST 2007

Hi Janne,

The URL to use to access MapGuide as a WMS server is http://<yourservername>:8008/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi, so in order to retrieve the WMS capabilities for your server, try:

http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS&FORMAT=text/xml

This should return an XML document listing the server's WMS capabilities. If you have successfully set up the service properties for one or more layers, those layers should be referenced in this document.

You cannot currently group multiple MapGuide layers and expose them as a single WMS layer, but you can include multiple layers in a single WMS GetMap request.

I hope this helps. If you run into problems, please post the response you get from the above request, and provide screen captures of your service properties settings.

Thanks,

Chris Claydon.

  _____