[mapguide-users] SQL Server 2005 "Incompatible column type" error

FGoulet gouletf at dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Tue Jan 23 14:14:49 EST 2007

Hi,

Using the trial version of MapGuide Studio 2007, I have defined an ODBC
database connection (OSGeo Provider for ODBC) and a layer called
DredgingActivity that use that connection as a data resource.

When I show the map, the layer does not appears and the following message is
added to the error.log file of MapGuide Open Source (version 1.1.0) :

<2007-01-23T12:30:56> 			Anonymous
 Error: Failed to stylize layer: DredgingActivity
        An exception occurred in FDO component.
        RDBMS: Incompatible column type
 StackTrace:
  - MgStylizationUtil.StylizeLayers line 993 file
c:\build_bond_area\mapguide_open_source\build_3.1\mgdev\server\src\services\mapping\StylizationUtil.cpp
Failed to stylize layer: DredgingActivity
An exception occurred in FDO component.
RDBMS: Incompatible column type

The odbc connection is a system data source that connect to a SQL Server
Express 2005 sp1 using the SQL Native Client driver. I tried also with the
driver "SQL Server" but same error. The SQL Server run on Windows 2003.

The columns in the table mapped to X column and Y column are of type "real".
I tried other types such as numeric or decimal without luck.

I can browse the table data using that odbc connection, so the problem is
not there.

Thank you for your help

Frederic Goulet