[mapguide-users] Raster in MapGuide Hand Holding

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jan 24 14:36:52 EST 2007

Folks,

I've installed MapGuide OS 1.1.0 and MapGuide Studio, including the MG OS
patch for studio.  I think they are working ok.  But I'm having trouble
figuring out how to work with rasters.

I determined that studio is still looking for the Autodesk raster provider
if you just try to add raster files, so I did the "New Data Connection" to
use the GDAL FDO provider.  That sort of seemed to work, but there was
no automatic filling in of extents when I created the layer and map, and
I was never able to actually see the raster in studio - should I?

Also, I have no idea how to visit this map directly in the web browser.

Basically, I'm hoping some kind soul with some experience using studio to
show rasters in MapGuide 1.1.0 will spend some time in IRC tutoring me.

I'll be hanging around in #mapguide in irc.freenode.net for a few hours
if anyone wants to lend a hand.

Best regards,