[mapguide-users] Using KmlService

Jim O'Leary joleary.public at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 17:04:02 EST 2007

Has anyone been able to use the new KML service? I am able to get a response
if I use the browser and enter:

http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?OPERATION=GetMapKml&VERSION=1.0.0&MAPDEFINITION=Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Maps/Sheboygan.MapDefinition

I am also able to get a response if I go to the mapagent at
http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapagent/ and
click the Kml under Service API, click GetMapKml and then accept the
defaults for Sheboygan in the
Map Definition box.

However, I'm not able to get a KmlService by typing:

$kmlService = $siteConnection->CreateService(MgServiceType::KmlService);

When I look inside mapviewerphp\constants.php, I see that KmlService is type
6. But both the above and
$kmlService = $siteConnection->CreateService(6);

produce the error

Fatal error: The class MgService (or one of its derived classes) has no
runtime type id in C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource\WebServerExtensions\www\...

Any suggestions?

Thanks