[mapguide-users] Mapguide Support for Mac OS X?

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Sat Jan 27 12:09:25 EST 2007

Max,

The Autodesk team has indicated in the past that they attempted an OS
X build and ran into trouble with 'endian' issues building FDO.
These 'endian' issues are specific to the PPC chipset.  It should be
possible to build on an Intel mac, but I haven't heard of anyone
trying it yet.  It may also be possible to run the windows version of
MapGuide under CrossOver on an Intel Mac.

I doubt that anyone will ever seriously attempt a PPC build of
MapGuide now that the Intel chipsets are available.

One thing that may be of interest is that we will be moving the linux
build to the FGS system (http://www.maptools.org/fgs), a self
container build/install system that works on most linux systems out
of the box.  I don't know if it will run on an Intel mac out of the
box, but I'm keen to try it - and convince my boss I need an upgrade
to an Intel mac at the same time ;)

Cheers

Paul