[mapguide-users] Queryfeature under rendering service

Scott Hameister scotth at mpower-tech.com
Fri Jul 6 09:55:53 EDT 2007

I'm trying to run a buffer and then have it autoselect items on a given layer, here's the catch, I want it to be able to select objects that are on selectable layers that may not yet be visible....

There are 2 ways to run QueryFeatures on a rendering service...the first works great when I'm zoomed in and the layer is on but doesn't work when I'm zoomed out and the layers off...the second one lets me enter a layer attribute filter of 2 "selectable" but requires an xml string as if I actually know the parcels I want to filter before the buffer.
I send in a blank xml string and I get a selection of one or two parcels but never the actual amount that should be under my buffer
help