[mapguide-users] MapAgent.exe persists after browser close

nicholda nicholda at talgov.com
Tue Jul 17 08:47:24 EDT 2007

Thanks for your response Kenneth,

Our issue seems to be that the functionality we are trying to provide winds
up creating additional MapAgent.exe processes as a result of a successful
run.  Essentially we are opening the map, creating serveral new layers with
1 to many points on each one, pushing the layers into the map, then storing
the map back in the repository with the users sesssion.

The report looks great.  However, when the map refreshes, it creates a new
MapAgent.exe process.  So, if we create 40 reports, we reach max class
processes reached and then have to manually go in and start killing
processes / restarting MapGuide.

The code we are using was taken / modified from the development guide; I can
tell you that we are not doing anything explicity to close any of the
resource or feature services created; is there a chance that a simple
featureService.close() or something related could keep this from happening?
Or does the creation of new layers on the fly necessitate the creation of a
new MapAgent.exe process and our only option includes kicking the timeout
down from 120 seconds.

Any and all insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
David